Dakota Mayi Johnson was born on 4th Oct 1989, in Austin, Texas. She is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. She is the maternal grandchild of advertising executive and former kid actor Peter Griffith and role player Tippi Hedren, and half-niece of role player actor Tracy Griffith and production designer Clay A. Griffin. Her former stepfather is actor Antonio Banderas. She has six half-siblings; four on her father’s aspect and 2 on her mother’s aspects.
Dakota is an American fashion model and actress. She is professionally known as Dakota Johnson. She was an avid dancer as a child. She became interested in modeling at age 12 after a photo shoot with children of other celebrities for Teen Vogue. Dakota obtained 9 different awards and nominated most.
Dakota Johnson Modeling
In 2006, Johnson signed with IMG Models. Though acting is her primary work, she has since modeled for MANGO brand’s jeans line in 2009 and shot the “Rising Star” campaign for Australian fashion label Wish in 2011.
Dakota Johnson Religion
She was born as Christian but later got an attraction on gay or other. She also gave different opinions about it.
Dakota Johnson Political Views
Dakota has never been public concerning her politics. On Feb 26, 2017, She and Emma Stone wore pins showing their support for Planned Parenthood (which gives medical services to women) in protest of President Donald Trump and other Republicans who vowed to defund Planned Parenthood. In 2018, she said that she has ne’er met Trump but is wary of his policies and his overzealous followers.
Dakota Johnson Dating Profile
Johnson was in relationships with musician Noah Gersh and actor Jordan Masterson.
In answer to questions regarding her stance on gender rights with respect to her role in Fifty Shades, Johnson stated: “I’m proud of [the movie]. I utterly trouble those that suppose Ana’s weak. I think she’s actually stronger than he is. Everything she does is her choice. And if I am often Associate in Nursing advocate for girls to try and do what they need to try and do with their bodies and not be ashamed of what they need, then I am all for that.”
Dakota Johnson Interesting Facts
- She said to her younger Half-Sister Stella Banderas She’s the smartest person in our family”.
- The one special project that’s been passed down three generations in Dakota’s family is J.M. Barrie’s play “Mary Rose”.
- Dakota Johnson was Miss Golden Globe in 2006. Her mother Don Johnson was also “Golden Globe winner for Miami Vice (1984)” and father Melanie Griffith (Golden Globe winner for Working Girl (1988), and granddaughter of Tippi Hedren (Golden Globe winner for Most Promising Newcomer, 1964).That’s really interesting to know.
- Because of some issues with her parents, who have both battled substance abuse, she was in a 30-day rehab program at the Visions Teen Treatment Center in Malibu, CA, for drug and alcohol addiction in September 2007. But she denied as a rumor.
- She stopped her Facebook profile because she didn’t like being on it, even though she acted in the hit film The Social Network (2010) which is about the origins of Facebook.
- As a child, she acted with her mother Melanie Griffith and her half-sister Stella Banderas in Crazy in Alabama (1999).
- She calls her grandmother as “Mormor” (a Swedish word for grandmother).
- She is an animal rights activist; she saved 12 horses from being killed in 2014 by paying for them.
- She used to make a tattoo on her body.
- She won the “Razzie Award” for Worst Actress in 2016.
- Jimmy Kimmel(Writer and producer) is her next-door neighbor in Los Angeles.